Monday, July 10, 2006

thoughts of 26.2 miles......

Okay, I've really been putting a lot of time and thought into running a full marathon. I want to decrease my times for the spring races (Feb-5K, March-10K, April-15K, and May-half marathon, all of which I am already registered for), but have been now really having the urge to try the marathon. I don't know that I'll like it, I really dont' know. But I've really been having fun with my running, been able to make it further than I ever thought I could, so why not keep trying?? :) I've read four marathon books this last four weeks, and been online contemplating which one to do. The one that is flat, has a lot of crowds to cheer you on would be in Chicago, and it's already full. so my thought is to do the marthon training plan now to have that challenge, and save up money to make the trip next year (the best way would be to stay in a hotel the night before the race instead of having cramped legs travelling that morning, and it would make for an eeeeeaaaarrrrly morning at that!).

So, we'll see. I've started the plan today with cross training. I'm doing it day be day with a great online running buddy (that I get to meet in person by Chicago this weekend!!). That will help keep me motivated and be so much fun to share this with on a day to day basis. I'm also looking for some fun races to do this fall just for something to look forward to since the others have really been a blast.

thanks for all the encouragement from family and friends, you are amazing!!

Lisa :)

No comments: